The Carpet & Rug Institute
The Carpet & Rug Institute's - Seal of Approval
Who is the Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI)
Based in the United States, the Carpet & Rug Institute is a non-profit trading organisation, which plays an important role of coordinating between the major companies and authorities within the carpet cleaning industry. These include manufacturers, distributors, service providers and retail outlets. The institute's objective is to help increase consumers satisfaction of carpet and show the public how carpet creates a better indoor environment.
Chem-Dry uses CRI accredited carpet cleaning products and revolutionary carpet cleaning technology as part of our patented and unique carpet cleaning process.
Accredited Carpet Cleaning Technology
The Carpet & Rug Institute (CRI) holds a very important role within our industry, promoting the use of carpet as a floor covering and testing various deep cleaning systems. The CRI have endorsed the following Chem-Dry carpet cleaning technology with the 'Seal of Approval' - Gold Level.
PowerHead & Powerbase 5 & 10 Carpet Cleaning System
- CTS 330 Truckmount Carpet Cleaning System
- CTS 450 Truckmount Carpet Cleaning System
Carpet & Rug Institutes Testing Process
Carpet cleaning systems which aim to meet the CRI's stringent standards must satisfy the following 3 testing categories:-
- Soil Removal - this measures the amount of soil removed from a carpet. Our PowerHead & Truckmount carpet cleaning systems have achieved the Gold Level, which confirms they remove the highest level of soil when cleaning carpets at your home.
- Water Removal - CRI accredited cleaning systems must remove most of the moisture from the carpet. The Chem-Dry carpet cleaning process uses about 1/5 to 1/10 less moisture then some other cleaning methods such as steam cleaning.
- Texture Retention - Chem-Dry's carpet cleaning technology mentioned above, doesn't harm carpet piles and therefore meets this part of the standard.
CRI's Seal of Approval Programme
This programme evaluates the effectiveness of carpet cleaning machines and extraction equipment in the removal of soil without damaging the carpet fibres or the carpet itself.
Peace of Mind for our Customers
You as a customer can be safe in the knowledge that your carpets, fabrics & upholstery are being cleaned by professionally trained carpet cleaning technicans, using approved carpet & upholstery cleaning processes and equipment that will help preserve your carpet's life and natural beauty.