Stain Removal Tips
Fabric & Carpet Stain Removal Can Prove be a Tricky Business!!
With our 30 years of cleaning carpets & fabrics, we have encountered a wide variety of stains, so we thought we would provide you with some suggestions below on how you can deal with that nasty carpet stain, upholstery stain or fabric stain, when it happens next.
Preventation is Better than Cure
f your carpets or fabrics have been protected, then you already have a huge advantage in removing any carpet stains, upholstery stains or fabric stains.
Don't worry give your local Chem-Dry a call.
Nasty little carpet stains - If your home has a nasty little carpet stain or upholstery stain, help is at hand. Please review our 8 handy tips for removing carpet stains.
8 Tips for handling Carpet Stains
Carpet & Fabric Stain Removal Tips;
- The quicker you act, the better chance you have of removing any stain. If a carpet stain or fabric stain is given the chance to remain, the more likely it will set.
- If you know what kind of stain you are trying to remove and the fabric or surface type it has appeared on, it will help you choose the right stain removal product. To help you, the list provided below, highlights which Chem-Dry product would be ideal for removing oil based stains or water based stains.
- Never rub, excess stains can be removed by blotting, brushing or scraping.
- Always test your carpets, fabrics and upholstery, before spraying a little amount of our Professional Strength Spot Remover, Grease & Oil Remover or Chem-Dry's Stain Extinguisher on an area which is hidden. Then blot this area dry and observe for 10 minutes. This will allow you to establish when dry, no visible discolouration has occurred in the area of carpet or upholstery you have cleaned and no carpet colour has transferred onto your cloth.
- Always start working from the outside edge of any stain and work your way inwards (whether it is a carpet stain, upholstery stain or fabric stain). This will help to prevent stains from spreading.
- If your stain removal efforts don't work, contact your local Chem-Dry stain removal specialist, they will be able to provide you with advice.
- An application of our carpet & upholstery protectant Repel Protector treatment with all cleans, will help with any stains that need removing.
- For further information and advice on carpet stain removal, visit our Stain Removal Expertise page. It provides further information on our stain removal services and explains how our professional standards can help to remove those unwanted carpet stains or upholstery stains.
What Stain Are You Dealing With?
Stain Removal can be a tricky business - It is essential that you apply the right stain removal product to the right kind of stain. Not sure if the stain is a waterbased or an oil based stain, you probably not that bothered and simply just want it removing.
For advice on removing carpet stains or to purchase any of our unique stain removal products, please contact your local Chem-Dry stain removal specialist.