Rug Cleaning Tips
All rugs require regular maintenance and professional cleaning to maximise their life and durability. Chem-Dry offers a bespoke rug cleaning service which includes rug grooming to restore rug pile and a specialised rug cleaning plan.
When purchasing a rug, be sure to note the origins of the rug and the fibre types. This information will prove valuable to your Chem-Dry rug cleaning technician, when they devise a individual rug cleaning plan to groom, preserve and restore your rug.
Rug Cleaning Advice
Avoid spills on your rug. If a spill happens, quickly remove as much of the spot or stain as possible using a dry white pad or tissue or wet suction extractor. Depending on the type of carpet fibres, hot water may damage your rug (consult with a Chem-Dry specialist rug cleaner on how to best handle your specific rug).
We enclose the following rug cleaning tips, to help you maintain your treasured rug;
- Vacuum both sides of your rug at least once amonth
- Don't use alcohol based wipes as this may effect the colour of your rug
- Don't use shampoo based spotters, which could contain surfactants as these may effect the colour of your rug
- Loosen Soil & Dirt From Your Rug
- You can also loosen some of the soil and dirt that collects on your rug by taking it outside and hanging it over a washing line and beating it. Please make sure this is only done during dry weather conditions.
Issues that affect the condition of your rug
These issues may affect the condition of your rug:-
- Wear & tear
- Insect damage
- Improper cleaning can cause serious damage
- Protecting Your Rug
- Chem-Dry's Repel Protectant treatment helps to protect your rugs and minimise spots and rug stain issues. Our protectant's formula has been specifically designed to match the texture of your rug and carpet fibres.
Rugs should be given the opportunity to breathe and try not to leave your rugs in direct or partial sunlight as fading will probably occur. Routinely get your rugs cleaned professionally.
Your local rug cleaning specialist will restore your rugs to almost new and provide you with rug cleaning tips and maintenance advice.