Reduce Pet Allergens
Household pets can be one of the most common sources of allergic reactions. Researchers have discovered that the major allergens are proteins secreted by oil glands in the animal’s skin and shed in dander as well as proteins in the saliva, which sticks to the fur when the animal licks itself.
Professional carpet & upholstery cleaning services from Chem-Dry will help to reduce and neutralise the following pet related issues:
- Pet hairs
- Pet dander
- Pet allergens
- Pet allergies affect around 10% of the UK adult population; the most common are allergies to domestic pets, especially cats and dogs.
Our tips below will help to reduce pet allergens in your home;
- Clean your house regularly.
- Don't let pets into bedrooms, as dander can remain airborne for long periods and so many hours are spent in the bedroom sleeping.
- Wash pets regularly, on a regular basis.
- Groom and bathe dogs and cats weekly. Doing so will help remove the dander that accumulates on a pet's fur.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after touching a pet or animal.
- Vacuum the pet's living area regularly to reduce the amount of hair.
- If any member of your family are allergic to cats and are visiting the house of a cat owner, ask them not to dust, sweep or vacuum on the day you arrive.
- Properly ventilated homes, will provide a fresh source of outdoor air that will help to dilute pet allergens.