At Chem-Dry we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our visitors
This policy applies where we are acting as a data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors; in other words, where we determine the purposes and means of the processing of that personal data
In this policy, "we", "us" and "our" refer to Chem-Dry
This document was created using a template from SEQ Legal (https://seqlegal.com)
Information We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our site including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means
1. Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products
- Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time
In this section, we set out:
- The general categories of personal data that we may process
- The purposes for which we may process personal data
- The legal basis of the processing
1.1 We may process information contained in any enquiry you submit to us regarding our services, or to request a quote ("enquiry data")
The enquiry data may be processed for the purposes of offering, and selling relevant goods and/or services to you.
The legal basis for this processing is consent OR the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract
1.2 We may process information that you provide to us so Chem-Dry and associated companies can inform you about future offers, and keep you informed about our services ("notification data")
The notification data may be processed for the purposes of sending you relevant notifications via the contact details you provide
The legal basis for this processing is consent. Consent to the collection of notification data is provided by tick box on the relevant enquiry form Consent can be withdrawn by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1.3 We may process information contained in or relating to any communication that you send to us ("correspondence data"). The correspondence data may include the communication content and metadata associated with the communication Our website will generate the metadata associated with communications made using the website contact forms The correspondence data may be processed for the purposes of communicating with you and record-keeping The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests, namely the proper administration of our website and business and communications with users
1.4 In addition to the specific purposes for which we may process your personal data set out in this Section, we may also process any of your personal data where such processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person.
1.5 Please do not supply any other person’s personal data to us, unless we prompt you to do so
2. Providing your Personal Data to Others
2.1 We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies This means our Franchise Network, or Chem-Dry UK. Your Personal Data will only be disclosed insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes, and on the legal basis, set out in this policy
- a) In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- b) Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- c) To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
2.3 On occasion we include links to third parties on this website
- a) Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy.
3. International Transfers of your Personal Data
3.1 We do not currently transfer or store your Personal Data outside the European Economic Area
3.2 In operating our website, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the EEA for processing and storing.
Should such transfers become necessary,
- a) appropriate European Commission approved safeguards will be implemented this policy will be updated with details of the transfers, and safeguards implemented
- b) Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
4. Retaining and Deleting Personal Data
In this section, we set out our data retention policy and procedure
4.1 Personal Data that we process for any purpose or purposes shall not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes
4.2 "notification data" will be retained as for as long as consent to the notifications referred to in this policy remains in place
4.3 In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
The period of retention of "enquiry data" and "correspondence data" will be determined based on the resolution of the enquiry Or Personal Data provided in connection with an enquiry leading to the purchase of products or services will be kept for the duration of the agreement, and a maximum of 6 years after
4.4 Notwithstanding the other provisions of this Section, we may retain your personal data where such retention is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of another natural person
5.2 We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever
5.3 You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the reject cookies setting on your computer
6. Your rights
6.1 In this Section 8, we have summarised the rights that you have under data protection law. Some of the rights are complex, and not all of the details have been included in our summaries. Accordingly, you should read the relevant laws and guidance from the regulatory authorities for a full explanation of these rights.
6.2 Your principal rights under data protection law are:
- a) the right to access;
- b) the right to rectification;
- c) the right to erasure;
- d) the right to restrict processing;
- e) the right to object to processing;
- f) the right to data portability;
- g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority; and
- h) the right to withdraw consent.
6.3 You have the right to confirmation as to whether or not we process your personal data and, where we do, access to the personal data, together with certain additional information. That additional information includes details of the purposes of the processing, the categories of personal data concerned and the recipients of the personal data. Providing the rights and freedoms of others are not affected, we will supply to you a copy of your personal data. The first copy will be provided free of charge, but additional copies may be subject to a reasonable fee.
6.4 You have the right to have any inaccurate personal data about you rectified and, taking into account the purposes of the processing, to have any incomplete personal data about you completed.
6.5 In some circumstances you have the right to the erasure of your personal data without undue delay. Those circumstances include: the personal data are no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed; you withdraw consent to consent-based processing; you object to the processing under certain rules of applicable data protection law; the processing is for direct marketing purposes; and the personal data have been unlawfully processed.
However, there are exclusions of the right to erasure. The general exclusions include where processing is necessary: for exercising the right of freedom of expression and information; for compliance with a legal obligation; or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
6.6 In some circumstances you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those circumstances are: you contest the accuracy of the personal data; processing is unlawful but you oppose erasure; we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of our processing, but you require personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; and you have objected to processing, pending the verification of that objection.
Where processing has been restricted on this basis, we may continue to store your personal data. However, we will only otherwise process it: with your consent; for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person; or for reasons of important public interest.
6.7 You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data on grounds relating to your particular situation, but only to the extent that the legal basis for the processing is that the processing is necessary for: the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of any official authority vested in us; or the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process the personal information unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing is for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
6.8 You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you make such an objection, we will cease to process your personal data for this purpose.
6.9 You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data for scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes on grounds relating to your particular situation, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
6.10 To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal data is:
- a) consent; or
- b) that the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, and such processing is carried out by automated means, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
6.11 If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
6.12 To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
6.13 You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us:
Data Protection Chem-Dry
Or by Email